The 433rd has grown over the years through amalgamation with other groups: The 2nd Etobicoke, 11th Etobicoke, and 22nd Etobicoke.
In late 1969, the 22nd Etobicoke Scout Group – sponsored by St. Luke’s United Church, was formed by a group of interested church members including a new minister. It was officially chartered on November 30, 1970.
We began with one Cub Pack and one Scout Troop. The 22nd Etobicoke Scout Group participated in many camps, jamborees and district special events (Cuborees and special hobby shows) placing first and second in many of these events.
As scouting registration began to decrease in the mid 1970’s, a decision was made to amalgamate some groups in Etobicoke. This led to combining the 22nd and 11th Etobicoke (St. Wilfred’s Church) into the 433rd Toronto Group in 1976 and sponsored by St. Luke’s Church.
A new scarf was adopted which was the pattern of Canada’s Centennial Tartan. In the late 1980’s the Centennial Tartan was no longer available and the scarf was changed to the current green and purple with a grey border design – adding the United Church Crest in 1998.
Along the way the 433rd Scout Group added a Beaver Colony, Venturer Company, and Rovers and now provided opportunities for continuous youth involvement from ages 5 through to 18 and beyond.
In 2009 the congregation of St. Luke’s United Church faced with decreasing membership decided to close the church. Thus began the search for a new home. In the spring of 2010, the 2nd Etobicoke (Alders) Scout Group founded in the 1950’s and sponsored by Islington United Church and the 433rd merged. The newly merged group had a successful spring swim-up camp together.