Just a reminder: the first camp of the season is upon us. It is this weekend, Friday September 26 to Sunday September 28, at Blue Springs Scout Reserve, located at 14009 6th Line Nassagaweya, near Halton Hills. Click here for directions from St. Luke’s United Church to the camp, courtesy of Google Maps (all hail Google). If you have not already handed in your permission form and payment, please do so before Friday.
Arrival time is from 7:00pm to 7:30pm. Travel time is estimated at approximately 50 minutes, dependent on traffic. If you are not sure where to go once you reach the camp, go to the ranger’s office just north of 6th Nassagaweya Line and 25th sideroad, and ask for directions there.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and sleeping mat
- Sun hat
- Rain boots
- Running shoes
- Rain jacket / splash pants
- 2 pairs of pants
- Sweat shirt
- 2 T-shirts
- 3 pairs of socks and underwear
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, towel
- Book, games, cards
- Insect repellent
What NOT to Bring
- No food or candy of any kind. We have two youths with extreme allergies, and you could be putting their lives at risk if you bring unsanctioned food to the camp.
- Electronic devices, knives, or matches
Please note that any medication must be given to a leader upon arrival at the camp, with instructions.