The May 7 “Jamboree On The Trail” hike is scheduled for 9:30am at Blue Springs Scout Reserve in Acton, Ontario. We will be meeting at the Chickadee Pavilion, in the
Directions to Blue Springs Scout Reserve:
- Take the 401 West past Mississauga and past Oakville until you get to Milton.
- Take regional Hwy #25 north from Milton for about 10 minutes until you get to side road # 25
- Turn left on side road #25.
- Follow side road #25 west for about 5 minutes until you reach 6th Line Nassagaweya.
- Turn right and drive for a couple of minutes. Blue Springs gate 3 will be on your left-hand side. The entire reserve is on both sides of the road, but we will be on the left-hand (western) half of the reserve, to your left.
- Turn left into Blue Springs West (Blue Heron). There will be a parking lot just inside and to the left. Chickadee pavilion will be ahead. Here is a map of Blue Springs West.
The trip should take roughly one hour, so you will want to be on the road by 8:30am. The hike itself will be from 10:00am to 3:00pm. There will be a short lunch break, so bring a bagged lunch. There will be an opportunity to do tinfoil cooking over hot coals, so you might want to practice your tinfoil lunch preparation skills. Here is a handy guide which gives you instructions on how to make a tinfoil cooked lunch:
- Bug repellent
- Footwear appropriate for hiking
- Drinking water
- A jacket
The latest forecasts say that there will be no rain tomorrow, although one can never be too sure.